This has been cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. Contact the registration link at SPSCC for more info.
Register at South Puget Sound Community College: https://www.campusce.net/spscc/Course/Course.aspx?c=2831
This course will be taught by John Morosco, Certified Business Advisor at the Small Business Development Center in Lacey, WA. See more about John here: http://wsbdc.org/lacey-2/
This three, half-days course is geared to those managers and owners in the food service industry who do not have an accounting or financial background to master techniques that will allow you to control expenses and project revenue. The course will give these restaurant leaders the ability to read and understand restaurant financial statements. Food service accountants are also encouraged to attend this seminar.
The goal of this seminar is to help you:
1. Read and understand the restaurant balance sheet and profit and loss statement
2. Identify financial problems through an analysis of the profit and loss statement
3. Identify and use important restaurant financial ratios
4. Recognize the importance of prime cost
5. Review sample general expenses and revenue sources
6. Calculates to achieve a desired profit
7. Inventory control and preventing theft
Note: This course is available for both in-person and remote attendance. See instructions as SPSCC registration: https://www.campusce.net/spscc/Course/Course.aspx?c=2831