Position closes 11/27/2018
Washington State University (WSU) invites applications for the position of Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Technology Business Advisor in Redmond, WA.
Applications must be submitted online at WSU.
Please see full job bulletin for more information and application: https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/41709
The Washington SBDC is a public service organization funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington State University and other Washington institutions of higher education, economic development organizations, and other public and private funding partners. Its network of business advisors, trainers, and support staff have been helping Washington business owners who want to start, grow or transition a business since 1980. We provide in-depth, confidential, no cost customized one-on-one business advising, business training and advisor assisted market intelligence research to help small business achieve their full potential.
Only applicants who are currently eligible to work in the U.S. and meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience in business ownership, business management, program development, and/or the functional specialty area. See job description for allowable substitutions.
- Functional Specialty: Experience in any or all of the following: commercializing new technologies, technology start-ups, university based technology transfer and commercialization, venture capital/angel groups, technology accelerators/incubators or closely related information technology experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in business or technical field related to the functional specialty.
- Successful entrepreneurial experience in launching innovative technology-related companies including strategic planning, acquiring funds, marketing and budgeting.
- Proven success in obtaining capital and bringing new technologies to market.
- Established relationships with the investment community including angel and private equity, venture capital firms, and corporate venture financing.
- Broad understanding of multiple industries and trends.
- Background in consulting or advising technology based entrepreneurs and
WSU is an EO/AA Educator and Employer.
For more information, requirements and to apply, visit www.wsujobs.com. Emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
For more information regarding the Washington SBDC see http://wsbdc.org/about