State Information and Resources
Washington SBDC Cybersecurity Toolkit – Workbook, Written Information Security Plan (WISP) and corresponding tools, videos and resources.
Washington State Legislature RCW 19.255.010 – Information Breach Disclosure, notice-Definitions-Rights, remedies.
Washington State Legislature RCW 19.255.020 – Liability of processors, businesses, and vendors.
Emergency Management Division Washington Military – Cybersecurity program for Washington State
Center for Internet and Society at Stanford Law School – a leader in the study of the law and policy around the INternet and other emerging technologies
- Blog article – State-Level Cyber Security Efforts: Washington State and the Evergreen Approach to Cyber Security
Federal Information and Resources
US-CERT United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team has publications, alerts and tips
FBI Cyber Investigations
- Learn what the FBI is doing to combat cyber-intrusions.
Federal Trade Commission Start with Security: A Guide for Business 10 practical lessons businesses can learn from the FTC’s 50+ data security settlements. Protecting Small Business page: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/small-businesses
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) recommends that consumers who are affected by identity theft file a report at IdentityTheft.gov—a one-stop resource to help you report and recover from identity theft. Information provided there includes checklists, sample letters, and links to other resources.US-CERT encourages consumers to learn about identity theft by reviewing FTC’s blog post and US-CERT’s Tip on Preventing and Responding to Identity Theft.
Homeland Security Stop.Think.Connect Small Business Resources
- Cyber-security resources for small business
- Small and Midzsize Business Toolkit
- FCC Small BizCyber Planner
- U. S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) – how to secure your business network
- FTC compliance resources on collecting sensitive data from consumers and employees
- NCSA resources to safeguard your business, employees and customers from online attacks, data loss and other threats
CSET Cyber Security Evaluation Tool
- A Department of Homeland Security product that assist organization in protecting their key national cyber assets.
SBA Privacy Law
Small Business Payments Toolkit
- Created by the Remittance Coalition, this toolkit is intended to be used by small businesses and the bankers and advisors who serve them in order to encourage the adoption of electronic B2B payments and remittance information exchanges by small businesses.
NIST Computer Security Resource Center
Other Resource Tools
A Guide for Guarding Personal Information in the Workplace
SBA/Microsoft Cybersecurity 101: Protecting Your Business from Cybercrime free webcast
SANS Information Security Training
- System Administration, Networking and Security Institute: source for information security training, certification and research