- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Insurance Commissioner of Washington State Understanding Business Insurance page. Also find tips on shopping for insurance, information on your agency and broker, and descriptions of different types of insurance.
- Better Business Bureau’s Security & Privacy – Made Simpler Toolkit to help small business owners manage security and privacy challenges. Includes tips for preventing hacking, phishing, data theft and employee theft. Offers guidance on whom to notify in the event of data infringement.
- Curtailing Crime “Inside and Out” Part of SBA’s Crime Prevention Series providing entrepreneurs with measures to safeguard against employee dishonesty, shoplifting, bad check passing, burglary and robbery.
- How Small Businesses Can Protect and Secure Customer Information Tips to help protect both your business records and your customers’ sensitive data (from Business.gov).
- Insurance Options for Business Continuation Part of SBA’s Management and Planning Series discussing the life insurance needs of a small business owner and how important business life insurance is when planning for the future of business.