Keep going during unplanned disruptions
Business continuity planning and management can prevent business interruption, speed up the recovery process or mitigate damages. Washington SBDC business advisors can help you prepare for natural disasters, pandemics, or companywide emergencies and assist with the recovery phase. They are knowledgeable about disaster relief and other emergency funding and can help you through the process.
General Business Emergency and Preparedness Resources
- Washington Emergency Management Division Business Portal mil.wa.gov
- Washington Department of Revenue Disaster relief for taxpayers dor.wa.gov
- SBA Disaster assistance sba.gov
- FEMA.gov News Releases
- FEMA Mobile App fema.gov – Receive severe weather alerts, driving directions to disaster recovery centers, save a custom list RE emergency kit and meeting spot, tips to stay safe for over 20 types of hazards.
- IRS.gov Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief
- SBDC Business Resiliency – Washington SBDC Business Resiliency page has a comprehensive disaster preparedness planning site
- Disaster Resistant Business (DRB) Toolkit dbrtoolkit.org The Toolkit is 100% customizable, so it is intended for all types and sizes of businesses. The toolkit is a comprehensive workbook/process to assist you in evaluating and preparing for any type of disaster. It was developed right here in Washington state. Software for purchase.
Pandemic Business Resources
To ensure you have accurate, up-to-date information, the following links go to agencies directly responsible for creating and administering policies related to business impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Federal COVID-19 Business Resources
State COVID-19 Business Resources
- Washington State Department of Commerce startup.choosewashingtonstate.com
- Governor’s Business Guidance and resources cornonavirus.wa.gov
- Coronavirus Tax Relief Internal Revenue Service irs.gov
- reboundandrecovery.org Association of Washington Business (AWB) Rebound and Recovery Washington
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention cdc.gov business guidance
- Employment Security Department esd.wa.gov for workers and businesses