Helping Washington Businesses Grow and Succeed
Are you tired of getting by, but not getting ahead? Do you have ambitious plans for growth and limited resources? Are you overwhelmed by day-to-day demands with no time to plan for the future?
The Washington SBDC is here for you.
Our confidential, SBDC certified business advisors will listen to your concerns, talk through options and help you make a plan to move forward. You are the expert on your business; we are the business experts and we can help.
Every SBDC certified business advisor completes a rigorous six-month mentoring and training program that ensures SBDC advisors adhere to the highest standards of professional behavior and are knowledgeable in all phases of business development. All of our advisors have years of experience in private industry and most have been small business owners themselves. When you work with one SBDC advisor, you have access to the expertise of the entire network because collaboration in support of small business success is a hallmark of our organization.
The SBDC Network maintains offices throughout the state. Most businesses are within one hour of their local SBDC office.
SBDC advising services are:
- In depth, one-on-one
- Advising incudes financial analyses, cash flow management, access to capital, growth planning, marketing and sales, disaster planning, cybersecurity risk management, employer/employee issues and more.
- Client confidentiality is mandated by federal law. Information about you or your business will not be shared outside our network without your written permission.
- No cost
- Advising services are no cost to you. Funding for SBDC advising and training programs is provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and institutions of higher education, economic development agencies and business and civic organizations.
- When clients first meet with an SBDC advisor they typically establish a scope of work with milestones for what the client wants to achieve. Clients are welcome to return to the SBDC for additional assistance at any time and many do establish long-term relationships that span the lifecycle of their business.
SBDC offers services for:
- Preparing to start a business
- Recently started a business
- Explore Exporting
SBDC provides Small Business Training
SBDC customized training provides practical real-life solutions tailored for the entrepreneur and facilitated by knowledgeable business professionals. Webinars, eLearning, and workshops are designed to help better position your business for the future.