The Washington SBDC provides no-cost, confidential in-depth one-on-one advising to current business owners and new start-up businesses who have a clear plan and enough capital to get started. We can help prepare business owners for traditional lending. Loans are not readily available for start-up businesses and grants are not generally available for for-profit businesses.
Our services are delivered at no cost, however we request that clients fully participate in the process and provide feedback for surveys and testimonials.
What to prepare before an appointment with an SBDC business advisor
- Existing businesses: Current business financials including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Forecast, Accounts Receivables, Inventor Report, Marketing Plan, and Lease (if any).
- Start-up Businesses: Have at least a basic plan drafted
What to expect at your first appointment
- You will give the advisor an overview of your company and/or plan
- You and the advisor will discuss any issues, needs, and concerns.
- You and the advisor will develop a follow-up plan and assignments for the next appointment.
- Please give prior notification for rescheduled or canceled appointments